FREE Trial of KUVAN for up to 30 Days
Complete the Form Below
Try KUVAN® (sapropterin dihydrochloride) for FREE to find out if it can help lower your blood Phe levels. A support team is ready to help you through the process.
- Sign up by filling out the form below
- Work with your BioMarin representative to complete the enrollment process
- Start KUVAN to see if KUVAN works for you
Please fill out this form and a BioMarin representative will give you a call.
(Fields marked * are required.)
- The FREE trial of KUVAN for up to 30 days is available only to individuals in the United States who are affiliated with a participating clinic and diagnosed with hyperphenylalaninemia (HPA) due to tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4)-responsive phenylketonuria (PKU)
- This program is offered through BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. and is managed by BioMarin RareConnections™. If you and your doctor determine KUVAN is right for you or your child, your FREE trial for up to 30 days will be arranged by BioMarin RareConnections
- Upon receipt of your completed form, you will be contacted by a representative from BioMarin to complete a Patient Authorization to Share Health Information form. You must be 18 years of age or older to complete this form. A parent or guardian can submit the form on behalf of his/her child
- Before the FREE trial period ends, you will be evaluated by your clinic to see if you should continue taking KUVAN
The FREE trial of KUVAN for up to 30 days is available only in the United States and in clinics that have enrolled to participate; not all US clinics are participating at this time. BioMarin reserves the right to change or discontinue this program at any time. You must be 18 years of age or older to submit this form. A parent or guardian can submit the form on behalf of his/her child. Limited to one free starter supply per person with PKU who is trying KUVAN for the first time.
KUVAN® (sapropterin dihydrochloride) Tablets for Oral Use and Powder for Oral Solution are approved to reduce blood Phe levels in people with a certain type of Phenylketonuria (PKU). KUVAN is to be used with a Phe-restricted diet.
Important Safety Information
It is not possible to know if KUVAN will work for you without a trial of the medicine.
Your doctor will check your blood Phe levels when you start taking KUVAN to see if the medicine is working.
Starting KUVAN does not eliminate the need for ongoing dietary management. Any change to your diet may impact your blood Phe level. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. Your doctor and dietitian will continue to monitor your diet and blood Phe levels throughout your treatment with KUVAN to make sure your blood Phe levels are not too high or too low. If you have a fever, or if you are sick, your Phe level may go up. Tell your doctor and dietitian as soon as possible so they can make any necessary changes to your treatment.
Children younger than 7 years old treated with KUVAN doses of 20 mg/kg per day are at an increased risk for low levels of blood Phe compared with children 7 years and older. Frequent blood monitoring is recommended in this population to ensure that blood Phe levels do not fall too low.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had liver or kidney problems, have poor nutrition or have a loss of appetite, are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
KUVAN is a prescription medicine and should not be taken by people who are allergic to any of its ingredients. KUVAN and other medicines may interact with each other. Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, herbal and dietary supplements.
If you forget to take your dose of KUVAN, take it as soon as you remember that day. Do not take 2 doses in a day. If you take too much KUVAN, call your doctor for advice.
The most common side effects reported when using KUVAN are headache, runny nose and nasal congestion, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, and cough. Additional adverse reactions reported in connection with worldwide marketing include sore throat, heartburn or pain in the esophagus, inflammation of the lining of the stomach, indigestion, stomach pain, and nausea. These are not all the possible side effects seen with KUVAN. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
KUVAN can cause serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions. Stop taking KUVAN and get medical help right away if you develop any of these symptoms of a severe allergic reaction:
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Inflammation of the lining of the stomach (gastritis). Gastritis can happen with KUVAN and may be severe. Call your doctor right away if you have any:
- Severe upper stomach-area discomfort or pain
- Blood in your vomit or stool
- Nausea and vomiting
- Black, tarry stools
- Too much or constant activity (hyperactivity) can happen with KUVAN. Tell your doctor if you have any signs of hyperactivity, including fidgeting, moving around or talking too much.
For more information, call BioMarin RareConnections™ at 1-877-MY-KUVAN (1-877-695-8826). Please read the full Patient Information by clicking here.